Live Furnace In-line Inspection Demonstration | Dexon
Dexon Technology hosts integrity engineers from Thai Oil for a live furnace In-Line Inspection (ILI) demonstration and facilities tour
On the 23rd of February 2023 Dexon had the pleasure of hosting 9 integrity engineers from Thai Oil for a live furnace In-Line Inspection (ILI) demonstration and tour of Dexon’s Research Development And Engineering (RD&E) department. The day started with a presentation on Dexon Technology’s furnace inspection program presented by Clive Thomas Jenkins (Furnace Operations Manager), Ryan Caird (Furnace Inspection Specialist), and Dr. David John Thewsey (Director of Dexon Furnace Services). Covering Dexon’s furnace ILI fleet detection capabilities and new developments. Next was a live inspection demonstration performed by furnace inspection engineers at Dexon’s onsite test yard. The live demonstration was performed with one of Dexon’s 6-inch triple body in-line inspection tools which can be seen on display in the below photo prior to the inspection run. Dexon’s lightweight, triple-body construction allows for optimal alignment and data coverage within bends. The team then broke for lunch at a local seafood restaurant before returning to RD&E for an inspection data verification presentation led by Furnace Inspection Specialist Ryan Craid, and a tour of Dexon’s RD&E department. The Data verification presentation included confirmation of real-world anomaly detection capabilities including in bend data and the detection and identification of sample pipe defects and anomalies. Dexon offers a customizable three-tier furnace reporting system. With on-site field reporting being supplied
within hours of the inspection, minimizing downtime by clearing the asset for continued operation and getting the asset back online as soon as possible.
To book a live inspection verification demonstration session with Dexon’s furnace or pipeline inspection departments contact an inspection engineer today.
An overview of Dexon’s three-tier furnace reporting system can be seen below.
Field Inspection Report
- Issued within 24-hours of the final inspection run
- Project Overview
- Details of any major defects/anomalies outside of tolerance (Tmin)
- Minimum wall thickness and the corresponding location in each process tube
- Maximum ID and the corresponding location in each process tube
Final Inspection Report:
- Issued within 7-days of the final inspection run
- Executive Summary
- Comprehensive details on all defects/anomalies identified
- A, B & C-scan images
- Raw data available in .csv format if required
- Level 1 & 2 Fitness for Service Assessment on any defect identified
- Level 3 advisory
- Tmin calculations
- MAWP calculations
- Remaining Life Assessment (per process tube)
- Utilizes mass quantities of data obtained from the in-line inspection for highly accurate deterministic results
- All calculations performed in accordance with API 579/ASME FFS-1 and ASME B31.3
- Future operational recommendations
For more information on Dexon Technology’s furnace in-line inspection fleet and detection capabilities click here to download a brochure.
Dexon’s furnace ILI team present a 6-inch furnace ILI tool to visitors prior to a demonstration inspection run at Dexon’s onsite test yard.
Furnace inspection engineers brief visitors on the furnace in-line inspection process prior to a live demonstration at Dexon’s onsite test yard.
Furnace inspection engineers perform the inspection of 6” process tubes in one of Dexon’s multiple-diameter furnace test loops.
Clients witness field verification of furnace in-line inspection data after a demonstration inspection run at Dexon’s headquarters.